The starting point for MailChimp is the establishment of a subscriber list. Each list in MailChimp is completely separate from the others. Because lists are independent of one another and don’t share any information, the total subscriber count used to determine the monthly plan fee will include duplicate email addresses each time they appear in a list.
Setting Up a New Lists
To set up a brand new list follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the Create List button on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the Create List button from the options that appear.
- Fill out the setup details with your information or your client’s information and preferences.
- When you’re finished, click the Save button and you’ll see options to customize the subscribe form created automatically for you and to import contacts.
- Click Ok, Got it to return to the Lists page.